Monday, September 19, 2022

September EBE Challenge, card4

I really had too much fun coloring all the pink pumpkins. There were so many left after my first three cards that I decided to put them all on one last card. (I say 'last' but who am I kidding - you and I know there will probably be more!) 

For this big pile of pumpkins I wanted to do a 'scene'. Usually I'm not really into scenes, mostly because I never seem to like mine when I finish. LOL But this was fun and I do like the end result. This was a "think outside the box" personal challenge. 


I used four stamp sets for this card. The larger pumpkins are My Favorite Things from the Witch Way is the Candy stamp set, and the smaller three with vines are from Ellen Hutson, Leading Ladies, Cozy Lady set. The ghosts, bats, grass and trees are all from the Ellen Hutson Halloween Boo-quet set. Do you recognize the grass and tree? They are all done with the little bunch of string image meant for the "boo-quet" for the witch's hand - stamped upside down for the grass and in a cluster for the tree. 



And how about the night sky and graveyard...I used the Ellen Hutson Stay Cool stamps for all the rest. Yes, the heat embossed moon, stars and gravestones are all from that set! For the moon, I used the solid half circle and just taped off a portion to create the crescent shape and heat embossed in yellow. The stars are the little sparkle cluster (I have no idea what to call it, but that's how I see it), heat embossed in white before inking the dark sky background. The gravestones are in that set as well, only shown flipped around. Use your imagination and I bet you can find lots of new uses for stamps that are intended for an entirely different purpose. 

Fussy-cut sentiment (which I totally forgot and had to add at the last minute!) is from this Stay Cool set as well. Even though it's a summer release, the "Chill Vibes" has a whole new meaning when it is attached to a Halloween card! *shiver*
I hope you like this one. It's a little out of the box for me, but I think it turned out cute and very Halloween-y. Thanks for looking! 

Product List:
Ellen Hutson, Halloween Boo-quet stamps and dies (ghosts, bats, grass, tree)
Ellen Hutson, Stay Cool stamps (stars, moon, grass, tree, gravestones, sentiment)
Ellen Hutson, Leading Ladies, Cozy Lady (small pumpkins with vine)
My Favorite Things, Witch Way is the Candy stamps (pumpkins)
Pinkfresh Studio Inks, Regal Kiss, Licorice, Rocky Slope, Warm Buff (grass tufts)
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
Copic Xpress it blending card
Copic Sketch Markers
   RV00  RV10  W0  W1  YR65  YR82
White embossing powder, black embossing powder, foam tape, blending brushes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar