Thursday, May 26, 2022

Pinkfresh Create and Connect Event 2022, Day 2

Class 4, Day 2

Today's first class was watercolor using Handpicked Flowers stamps and dies. I am not highly into this medium, personally, but our teacher for this class, Manushree Mishra, a wonderful and talented teacher, was so patient with all of us complete beginners and took the time to teach us several techniques. Now, we had one class on watercoloring in the previous event too and I learned what I considered to be a lot for a beginner. We had a great teacher. This time I learned even more and was able to incorporate it into the card for class. While I was not at all thrilled (LOL) with my outcome, after setting it aside and looking at it again later, I'm actually pleased that I was able to use what I've been learning and have my flowers not all look like big blobs of color on the paper. It's a slow process - well, for me, anyway, and I admire those who are so good at using this artist medium. So, here is my watercoloring attempt for this class. 

This closer shot shows just how random watercolor can be and still look like something when you step back from it. To me, that was a huge step. And staying within the lines is really not necessary but the lines are helpful, particularly for newbies.
This shows the dimension achieved with foam tape. Maybe next class I'll learn how to make my painting look dimensional just with technique. But that sounds way far off to me. Foam tape it is! The sentiment here is also part of the event kit. It is a sentiment stamps set called Heart Smiles. 
Class 4, Card 2
Using the same stamp set, and this time with the stencils and a color palette outside my comfort zone, card 2 is a completely different look. I meant for one of the orange flowers to be blue, but missed it in the stencil so orange it is. The colors though, so pretty together. To achieve a more water color looking effect, I used a light gray ink to stamp my image and stenciled over it leaving less of any outlines. And for the background panel, I used the Pinkfresh Sparkling Diamonds cover plate, which is not part of the kit, so check the store for it. I hot foiled it in silver and I really like the look of it. 

With the silver foiled background, I used a silver foiled sentiment from the foiled sentiments pack we received in our previous event kit. You might be able to find that pack in the store. The iridescent clear gems are perfect in the centers of the silver stars. 
Of course dimension is achieved in lots of ways. Not just with the clear drops, but also stacking the flower bunch, and adding foam tape to pop the sentiment.
Make n Take
For our third card using the Handpicked Flowers we have achieved yet another different look. Flowers are so versatile and these are no exception. This time we used black ink to stamp them, then stenciled in ink. Again, using colors I don't typically choose (blue for the foliage, for example) we get a really fun look. 
The mini slimline frame die is popped up with foam tape and the large, one piece flower bunch is cut into the pieces and tucked up under the frame for lots of dimension and visual interest. The sentiment comes with this stamp set and has a coordinating die - which I love! Stacking the sentiment and adhering with foam tape is the best, right? And don't forget the bling. Iridescent drops added to the corners give a little sparkle to the finished card. 


Product list:
*These products, unless otherwise noted, are not currently available for purchase. They are part of the special event kit and may or may not be released at a later date. Keep watch in the Pinkfresh Studio store over the next few months for your favorites. 
Pinkfresh Studio, Handpicked Flowers stamp set
Pinkfresh Studio, Handpicked Flowers layering stencil set
Pinkfresh Studio, Handpicked Flowers die
Pinkfresh Studio, Mini Slimline Frame die set
Pinkfresh Studio, Iridescent Clear Drops
Pinkfresh Studio, Sparkling Diamonds hot foil plate *NOT part of the event kit, see store link above or availability
Pinkfresh Studio, Foiled Sentiments pack *NOT part of the event kit, see store link above for availability (good luck)
Pinkfresh Studio, Heart Smiles sentiment stamps (enjoy your special day)
Koi Water Colors Pocket Field Sketch Box paint set by Sakura, white cardstock, black cardstock, foam tape, white embossing powder, silver foil, various ink colors and blending brushes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar