Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Christmas cards, 2020

Color me shocked! I have FINISHED my Christmas cards. I know, I can't believe it either! Every year I say I will start my cards in January, then I usually get to them in November. If you're like me, and you generally wait till late in the year, take my word for it and do them early next time. I will definitely be doing them early from now on. I started Sep 30 and finished Oct 8 - it was much more fun and I was able to take my time and work on them a couple of hours at a time with no rush. 

I've had many requests to see all the cards, so here you go, all 31 cards. Super simple design to mass produce. And to make it even easier, here's a tip - Throughout the year I save unused images that I’ve colored (for example, a lot of them from Kathy Rac's 30-day coloring challenges) and slip them into the pockets with the stamps.

When it came time to make Christmas cards, I went through all my stamps and pulled out the die cuts that I thought I could turn into a Christmas theme. Turns out there are a lot more non-Christmas images than you realize that can be used for this!! Add some holly, bells, lights, a Santa hat or antlers, and you've got a Christmas card. :) Some of the non-Christmas images I turned into Christmas cards are the dogs, bears, snowman). You can use almost anything just by adding a Christmas element, particularly pieces from winter images.
You will see adorable images by My Favorite Things, Ellen Hutson, and Lawn Fawn. Most are by my favorite designer for My Favorite Things, Birdie Brown. Have fun browsing. Feel free to email me with any questions (link in sidebar).
































10 comments:

  1. These are brilliant, fun, and "merry". Thanks for sharing your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so cute. They look like you can make several at the same time, What is the "MERRY" die that you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie! I tried to reply via email but I didn't find one for you. I hope you'll check back here.

      The Merry die is by My Favorite Things. www.mftstamps.com

      Delete
  3. Your cards are lovely. I like the idea of mixing different stamped images and starting early is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Buffalo, NY! I recently purchased from Merry die and was looking for some ideas when I came across your cards. They are so stinkin’ cute, I love them all! I can’t wait to use my die now. What did you use to color the backgrounds? Thanks for sharing! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Buffalo, NY! I recently purchased from Merry die and was looking for some ideas when I came across your cards. They are so stinkin’ cute, I love them all! I can’t wait to use my die now. What did you use to color the backgrounds? Thanks for sharing! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Buffalo, NY! I recently purchased from Merry die and was looking for some ideas when I came across your cards. They are so stinkin’ cute, I love them all! I can’t wait to use my die now. What did you use to color the backgrounds? Thanks for sharing! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful cards! I hope everyone who receives them appreciates the love and attention you put into each one! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw theses on Pinterest, I ordered the die. Now I have 19 cards and more ideas in my head. You were an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen from AZ — can you give me a few of the names of the sets you used?

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar