Monday, September 15, 2014

Scrapping the little things....homeschool version!

Happy Monday, peeps, and a special hello to Miss Joan Smith today. ;) Joan is a scrapbooker and probably one of the most complimentary people who has ever graced the comment pages on my blog. Your comments do not go unnoticed, my dear! HUGS to you, Miss Joan, and thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave for me!

Now for my page. Who else, but my scrappy buddy and first grandgirl, Grace, is the subject of today's layout. When Grace was in fifth grade (she is now in 8th!!! Where does the time go???) she wanted to try homeschooling. Daughter Cyndi was at home then and figured why not, let's give it a go. They had some wonderful adventures, field trips, and learning experiences that I'm sure Grace will never forget. That was the only year of homeschool, however, as Grace is just too much of a social person to spend another year away from her classmates and buds. 


My title is simple. I used the fabulous Fun Alphabet lowercase die set and cut each letter three times, stacking them to give them dimension. The fun journaling box, and the cute banner too, are part of the paper collection I used for this page, October Afternoon, Schoolhouse. MCT Alpha Pack (Alpha 2) stamp set looks awesome for my journaling card, and the apple and pencil are from the Write On stamp set. I thought the fun splats in green, from the Family is Everything set, were the perfect finishing touch to this science page.

For the subtitle sentiment, I again used the Write On stamp set.
Product List:
My Creative Time, Write On
My Creative Time, Family is Everything
My Creative Time, Alpha Pack (alpha 2)
My Creative Time, Lowercase Fun alphabet dies
October Afternoon, Schoolhouse 12x12 paper collection
Corner rounder




5 comments:

  1. OMG what an outstanding and fun LO I love so love your story it totally warmed my heart. You sure did on super creative job.....and love the ways you've used Miss Emma's goodies. What an awesome and loving family you have.

    I have to say when I came to your blog this morning and saw my name and read what you've said I started crying and it literally took my breath away OMG girl thanks so much....I still can't believe what I just read....Girl you so made my day...WOW you've totally rocked my world. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout! What a fantastic way to capture her homeschool experience. My daughter is homeschooled so if it would be alright I'd love to use your idea to make a layout page for my daughter. Fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME LO Shar!!!!! FAB page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job on your layout...the letters for titles are great to use. I love the look. I bet Grace had a fun time blowing up her balloon :D Great story and super layout. Ha-ha Joan! I like to read her comments too!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar ~ I couldn't agree with you more about Miss Joan ~ she is such a supportive blogger/crafter ~ ALWAYS there for so many of us! Thank you Joan!!!!
    Now onto your layout ~ it simply is AMAZING!!! I LOVE all the details and oh my I LOVE the tag with the teacher as ~ Mom!!! Oh then there is Miss Gracie ` she is just the sweetest girl ever! FABULOUS job as always!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar