Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Whatever Wednesday with My Creative Time

Oh yeah, it's THAT day again......camels or not, it's Wednesday and that means the team projects are whatever we decide we want to make. I decided to make a treat box. I love making treat boxes, and have done lots of them, including a couple similar to this one. For this one, I started with the Slider Treat Box as my guide for size.


I embellished in a beach theme using the summer releases.

The candy box slides inside.

Here it is before tying it closed. Super simple to make, couple of score lines, cut a hole for the carrier, spiffy up the ends with a border or edge die and decorate the outside if you wish. or not. Lots of ways to use this fun idea besides just candy too. Go wild! LOL

Here's a link to an old blog post featuring a similar treat box I made several years ago. These are so much fun to create!









Product List:
My Creative Time, Treat Slider Box {tray only}
My Creative Time, Stitched Scallop edge border die
My Creative Time, Sit Back and Relax flip flop dies
My Creative Time, Surf's Up shells and beach ball dies
My Creative Time, Lost at Sea waves stamp
My Creative Time, Have Fun in the Sun stamp set
My Creative Time, Square speech bubble die
Twine, cork paper, oval punch, hole punch

7 comments:

  1. What a super cute treat box love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies talk about being super clever and creative....you really did a super gr eat job!!
    Someone's in for one awesome treat!! Great sense of humor regarding HUMP day *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Shar, love your treat box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun way to use the treat box, Shar! You decorated it just adorably!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your treat box is so fun. I love your beach theme.
    mickeypaltwoatmsndotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach scene on the clever treat box holder. What a fabulous way to give a gift!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar ~ Oh this little treat box is FLIPPIN ADORBS!!! What a FABULOUS idea and oh my the fun details to not to mention the papers! EEK!!! LVOE everything about this one and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME!!!! What a GREAT box!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar