Saturday, May 03, 2014

Happy National Scrapbooking Day

Did you get crafty today!? Enter any contests or shop any sales? I did pretty much all of the above. :) Here are a couple of the cards I made. I also did a scrapbook page, but that's for an upcoming Design Team day, so I'll have to keep that one secret for now. Sorry!

The pretty fairy card is for my great-niece (I guess?? My niece's daughter.) Taylor, who is 4. She loves all things pink and purple and flowery and girly. I think she'll like this one.

Flowers and leafy flourish by My Favorite Things, leaves by Quickutz, scallop oval and pierced background are both Spellbinders dies.

I added stickles, glossy accents and bling to girly it up even more. It doesn't show well, but everything is purple and pink -- there is no blue as it appears.

This one is just because I wanted to use my new Paper Smooches stamps and dies that came in the mail today!! Isn't this kokopelli cute!? Even though I don't live in the Southwest, I do live in the desert and I like Southwestern design. I have a vinyl kokopelli on the wall in my living room in fact! But I digress.... my card for your viewing pleasure.

The pattern paper is Sasparilla by October Afternoon. The zigzag edge is a die by My Creative Time.

The sentiment as well as the musical notes also come on the stamp set with the kokopelli.

Here you can see how I used foam tape to pop him off the page. Too cute.

2 comments:

  1. Shar ~ Well I think Taylor is going to LOVE this! So whimsical and fairy like! BEATUIFULLY done! The second card is so fun! LOVE it too! I did not shop ` believe it or not but I did do some crafting ~ thanks for asking! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar