Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Try Me Tuesday - masking

Today we're using a masking technique for our Try Me Tuesday. Masking is fun, and can make a huge impact. If you search pinterest for 'masking tape technique' you'll find lots of ideas.

For my card today, I used a cut-out to mask my card and inked inside the cut portion. Super simple and looks so nice when finished. It looks as if it is printed onto the paper, rather than simply inked.


Ink colors bottom to top: Distress Ink scattered straw, Hero Arts orange soda, and Distress Ink worn lipstick. Branch stamp from My Creative Time, Birthday Buddies; sentiment from I'm Here for you Rain or Shine stamp set. I hope you'll try masking!

Product List:
My Creative Time, Birthday Buddies
My Creative Time, I'm Here For You Rain or Shine
Distress Inks, worn lipstick, scattered straw
Hero Arts ink, orange soda

7 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!! AWESOME card Shar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inking and how that lone branch looks. Great idea to bring the sentiment into the white...love the look and will be trying some masking. Fabulous job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar ~ Seriously GORGEOUS! LOVE how CAS this is! Okay there are those branches ~ so PERFECT to use for this card! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is GORGEOUS Shar, SUPER DUPER job masking technique!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar