Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thrifty Thursday with My Creative Time

Happy Friday Eve and also use-your-scraps day! Once again, we make projects with scraps and parts we have that were maybe cut for another project but didn't work out, or it was an extra piece, or just something that's been in the scrap bin.

This heart with washi accents has been on my worktop for quite a while. It was a cut-out from another project where I instead used the negative heart.

The banners are all parts of other projects too - some were chevrons that didn't quite fit or the color wasn't right, so I snipped off the top and used the remainder as a flag for my banner! The blue background piece is also a scrap, which I cut these skinny rectangles from to make an interesting striped effect on the bottom portion of the card. Kinda cool, huh.

Product List:
My Creative Time, Stitched Sweetheart die
My Creative Time, Chevron dies
My Creative Time, Things I Love stamps - best friends, smile
My Creative Time, Tab Notes stamps - hello
My Creative Time, Hello Chickie stamps - you are my favorite chick
Gems, glossy accents, twine, washi tape

6 comments:

  1. WOW great use of all your scraps super great creative job and it all came together to make a spectacular card!! I love the color scheme too gosh you really are one super talented gal and love too how you used the Washi tape and your twine.
    Great look girl & you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scrappy card. It pays sometimes to save those misfits...they can come in handy like for this card. I like that stripe effect.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar ~ FABULOUS card and go you on using all those scraps ~ WHOO HOO!!! Love the design too!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar