Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

Happy Friday-Eve, bloggy friends! ;) You know what that means....tomorrow is FRIDAY! My most favorite day on the whole calendar! Yippee! Today's card is super simple, but I think it is striking, nonetheless. This will be sent to my uncle who is going through some stuff and I just want him to know he's in our thoughts. 

I used watercolor paper, spritzing with a light mist of water, then swiping across chipped sapphire distress stain, and broken china distress stain; then I dried it thoroughly with a heat gun.


I used Hero Arts mid-tone navy shadow ink for the image, and stamped the sentiment in black. I suppose I could have gone with the navy for that too...I just didn't. LOL

Product List:
My Creative Time, This and That sentiment set
Technique Tuesday, Growing Wild mini poppies image
Tim Holtz Distress Stains, Chipped Sapphire and Broken China
Inks, watercolor paper

And for the last entry by my guest designer, Grace made this thoughtful card to send to her cousins. She loves the adorable little children stamps from the Fly Away With Me set by My Creative Time, and thought the sentiment, from I Believe in Leprechauns, was fun. But she was most thrilled to have a litte lesson in blending using Copic markers. She is in love with Copics. LOL


On the back, her made by hand "handmade" 'stamp' ! Cracked me up. You see she is still under the influence of Dr. Who, also. Haha!

Thanks for stopping by the studio. Hope you're having a great week .... the weekend is just around the corner!

3 comments:

  1. So simple, yet such a huge impact! Stunning! Grace's card is just adorable! I love her handmade stamp! My nieces and my students do that on cards they make for me. Yes, we do influence them, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh darn are you ever talented your pic is amazing and so beautiful you did a great job!! Grace your picture is so
    adorabs gosh so much talent in one room you both ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and artsy feeling. Very pretty and love it! Grace did a great job with the markers...you 2 still having crafty fun. Great job on your Handmade by :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar