Friday, August 23, 2013

Paint your own watercolor backgrounds

More fun with watercolors. Grace and I had fun painting on watercolor paper. Here are a couple of cards I made from some of the colorful backgrounds I painted, inspired by Ken and Teri of Spellbinders in their Try it Tuesday segment.

For the first card I used the hexagon and journaling dies by My Creative Time. The butterfly is a punch.


From this angle, you can see the clear embossed background I made using the MCT hexagon background stamp. 

 Sentiment is from the Color Me Happy stamp set, also by My Creative Time.

The next card again utilizes the journaling die.

Again I used a background stamp but this time embossed with white. This is the cloud background by MCT. The image is by Inkadinkadoo which I heat embossed in white as well.

I also added diamond stickles to parts of the weeds for a little more pizzaz. Sentiment is from the Tab Notes stamp set by MCT.



Product List:
My Creative Time, Hexagon dies
My Creative Time, Hexagon background
My Creative Time, Journaling card die
My Creative Time, Cloud background
My Creative Time, Color Me Happy
My Creative Time, Tab Notes
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Inkadinkadoo, Meadow stamp
Stickles, ribbon, embossing powders, staples, ink, glass pebbles

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful...I really like the techniques with the water colors. Super job...you girls are having so much fun. :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar