Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy Camper

As much as I love Fridays, today is a teeny sad as it is my last day sharing on Obsessed With Scrapbooking. It's been such a fun week and I thank Joy so much for allowing me to occupy her crafty space this week! ♥

Every summer the cousins, my grands, do a family camping trip. Today's project utilizes the Campin Critters cartridge....LOVE that cart! I'm sharing this book I made for Mila, one of my adorable, talented and crafty grandgirls. ;) Mila, 8, is very artistically talented and loves to draw and write constantly. This book holds all unruled pages so she can draw and write during the campout this summer. Finished size is 6 x 4 1/4 inches.


The intro page using a sentiment by My Creative Time, and super adorbs trailer stamp by Market Street Stamps.

I used My Creative Time stitched ticket die and label font stamp set to make a cute name tag. I didn't use kraft paper however. I used my all time fave homemade chipboard using a cracker box! Two cuts, back to back, then punched with the crop-o-dile. If you haven't tried this technique, go finish off the crackers and scrap the box. You'll love it!!!!

The trailer on this cartridge is so stinkin' adorable, I had to make it!! Is this not the cutest thing ever! Using coordinating pattern papers to the book label, I used it on the gift card that will accompany the book.  It even has REAL windows!! I used acetate for the windows and popped the trailer off the background with foam tape.


Super fun papers are Away We Go, My Minds Eye, 6x6 paper pad. I used cloud dies by My Creative Time and Quickutz. Fishtail tags and sentiments also by My Creative Time. Except the 'explore' one...that's a Market Street stamp.

The finished card. Hope you like!


Thanks SO VERY MUCH to Joy for allowing me to play this week, and to everyone who was so kind to leave a comment. Also big thanks to those who are new followers on my blog!! I'm thrilled you find my work worthy and will see you over there next time!! BIG HUGS

Product List:
Campin Critters Cricut Cartridge
My Creative Time, Fly Away With Me cloud dies
My Creative Time, Just Simply Live stamp and die set
My Creative Time, Fun in The Sun stamp set
My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings flag die
Quickutz, rainbow and cloud die
My Minds Eye, Away We Go 6x6 paper pad
Market Street Stamps, Gone Campin


5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! My daughter is going to a week long camp for the first time this summer & was trying to come up with a couple of ideas to make her not miss home - I may have to make her a little memory book! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shar ~ Look at what you did here! Okay that journal/ sketch book/ smashbook ( it can be all this) is SERIOUSLY awesome!!! Then you go and make this AMAZING card! I don't even camp and bought this cartridge for that camper cut! BRAVO sweet friend! AWESOME job all week! Sad its over too but best part ~ I still get to stalk your blog no matter what! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all your work this week. I especially liked Happy Camper. When I first saw it I thought it was a mini album. We just went on a 2 week vacation. You gave me plenty of ideas for embellishing my album even tho we didn't "camp". the words in the clouds is brilliant and I plan to scrapnap that! Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    Barb W. Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO awesome. You are one creative lady and a super sweet grandma. I love to see all the awesome things you make for your grandchildren. They are SO lucky to have you. And that camper is the cutest with its acetate windows. I LOVE it. I think I'm off to finish off my box of crackers so I can finally make a chipboard element. Great job this week!!!! I'm SO proud of you! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this, i love the colors, the cuts and did you know campin critters is seriously my absolute favorite cartridge! Great job my friend!
    Deb C
    Aka bugjuiced not to be confused with beetlejuice

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar