Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day

In observation of Earth Day, I decided to use recycled materials for my crafting project today. Isn't this adorable!? I can see this as a great presentation for a sweet little hostess gift, baby shower gift, mother's day, birthday, thank you......anything!!! My mind is reeling with a zillion color schemes and pattern paper choices! And you can make these in larger sizes too if you so desire.

and the tag, in keeping with the Earth Day theme, is a garden apron and leaf. Sentiment is from My Creative Time's newest release, Bloom Where You Are Planted. (the view is sideways so you can read the tag)


This is the packaging from a set of BigShot cutting pads.

Cut the centers out and discard the outer ridged parts, so you have two nice sized, flat pieces to work with.  Cut them to size for whatever project you are making. I'm doing a gift-bag-in-a-box. Usually made with paper, but let's see how it looks made from this clear packaging!

That's all for today. I hope you enjoyed this little project. Such a fun one too. :) What's the last thing you used in your crafting that normally gets thrown out? 


Product List:
Plastic packaging
October Afternoon pattern paper
Bazzill textured cardstock
My Creative Time, Scalloped circle die
My Creative Time, Bloom Where You Are Planted stamp set
Quickutz Nesting Leaves die
Scrapbuggy Button Bear Gardening Accessories die
Jute twine, hot glue, border punch



3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It turned out way too cute! You are so creative!!!! HUGS- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspiring. I repurpose everything...even if it takes me months to be inspired to use whatever "it" is. This week's kick is aluminum cans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really good! You rocked this bag & TFS AJ!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar