Saturday, January 28, 2012

Make your own adorable gumball machine!

I found this completely adorable gumball machine idea on Pinterest last week and thought what a sweet idea it is and just had to make it. Well wouldn't you know, this weekend the Pinterest Facebook page is sponsoring a Pinterest Weekend event where you choose something to make or create that you found on pinterest and share pics of your finished project with the group! I'm having a blast and have made three of my pins already! Woot! Go me. :) This is my favorite so far!


Here is the original link to see the one on pinterest.

Product List:
Terra cotta plant pot and saucer
Glass dish from the Dollar Store
Styrofoam ball (she used a wooden bead but I didn't have one big enough)
Acrylic paints, ribbon, vinyl, fabric paint (I used that for the white dots on the lid)
I used vinyl for my flower/heart design but you can paint or stencil yours, whatever you like. Other than the circle, the rest of the shapes I cut by hand.


4 comments:

  1. Love this idea, I just pinned this the other day and really want to make one!! Love the colours you chose!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gumball machine is too cute...I love it...Great Job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I just love how it turned out!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! What a rewarding project this would be for the kids. (I also love that you used peanut M&M's instead of gumballs!)

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar