Sunday, May 01, 2011

Grace & Grampa Go Fishing

Self portraits by Grace. :) We were all planning to go fishing this day while Grace was with us last summer, but the day came and I was sick and couldn't go. So Grace took pictures and even recorded a message to me on my camera. I didn't even know it had that feature! LOL She's so sweet! Can't wait for summer when she'll be back with us again, my fun scrapping buddy and grampa's fishing buddy. :)

Ok so on to the layout. Starting at the top, the adorable little fishies are actually.....birds!!! Yes, from the QK anime release, I used the 2x2 bird die, 0938. I think they make perfect little fishes, and for the fish lips (LOL) I cut the tie end of the QK round balloon, 0017! Cute huh. The scallop borders I cut with the large scallop edger by QK then punched holes using my eyelet punch. The title block is one of the QK nesting tickets. I love the versatile ticket shapes.




Can you see the fish lips are actually the end of the balloon? And the fin is really the bird's wing. For the bubbles, I used the punched circles from a Martha Stewart border punch. I don't like to throw anything away!! LOL


And the ticket is so much more fun than a plain ol' rectangle shape. I printed my title using my computer and hand doodled around the edges.
This part is probably my favorite element on this page, other than Miss Gracieface. These sweet grampa and gracie fisher people were drawn by Nikki C of Melonheadz Illustrating. I LOVE her sweet images and *BONUS!* she does them in black and white so you can color them yourself, AND as in this case, in color so you need only print and cut!


Here I cut the around the entire image and attached it to my background using foam tape. The background frame is Spellbinders; nesting lacy oval and nesting oval.



Have you tried digi stamps on your layouts yet? I've done them on cards, as you know, but I don't generally use stamps of any kind on my pages. I have a feeling that is all about to change, however. *wink, wink*!!

3 comments:

  1. Great LO! It is absolutely perfect and your tag is the PERFECT touch! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet layout...your little grand daughter will love what you made. Congratulations on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love the little fishies and your hand doodling! Gracie has such beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar