Friday, April 15, 2011

Those big-mouthed little birdies

I LOVE how this card turned out! Everything about it is just perfect. The floral paper is from the Thrift Shop and the polka dot is Modern Homemaker, both by October Afternoon. In person the colors are so much more striking and vivid but you can see how well they go together. The message stamp was a gift from my friend, Karin. Isn't it cute! I stamped the image onto creamy colored cardstock using Stampin Up! Real Red ink, which matches perfectly to the pattern papers, then I used the Spellbinders Labels 21 and cut out my message. I stamped a second bird on the polka dot paper, then I cut it out and attached it over the original with foam tape -- I love that stuff, you know! -- to give it some fun dimension.


Using my cutie patootie Imaginisce hot glue gun, the pretty pink i-bond, I attached my handmade mini roses and handmade stick pin.


More dimensional profile view.


Thanks for looking today. I think this is one of my most favorite projects to date! I hope my friend will be pleased when this arrives in her mailbox. :)


Happy weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I love EVERYTHING you make!! I agree that everything about this is perfect! Love your flowers and pin!

    Have to laugh as I am about to type my word verification. (poopi)lol
    Never had that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. Love the flowers! I still can't believe those are handmade with your hands! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! :)

    LOL Janice!! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly Lady!!!! It's BEYOND PERFECT!!!!!!!!! It's like extra perfect or something!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar