Monday, August 30, 2010

More summer fun

I hate to see summer end, but I can still relive the fun through the pics of the girls' visit. Grace and Mila enjoyed cooling off in the sprinkler. Next to Mila, Grace looks huge! LOL In all fairness, Grace is 9 and Mila is 6 -- plus Mila is pretty small for her age. For this layout I used the Fly a Kite paper collection by October Afternoon.



The cute little bird accent is the 2x2 size (it also comes in 4x4) from the QK Birds and Bees release. I also used just a little piece of one of the branches for his perch and the Cottage Cutz Summer Sun for the background.


I don't think I have ever cut from a full sized sheet of paper to make a card. Other than for the base, of course. There are always plenty of leftovers when I finish a layout and it's so economical to use them for card making.


For this card I used a larger QK bird (Rev 0143), Spellbinders nesting ovals, and for my sentiment, the QK speech bubble.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar