Monday, April 19, 2010

Just a taste

Finally my QK dies from the CHA release arrived. Yippee! I'm busy working on DT projects but did get this done over the weekend and wanted to share while I work on the rest. I love this ginormous pennant die!!! What a cute die for a party banner, baby shower or kid's room. Isn't this cute? The pennant is over 9 inches from tip to top and 5 1/2 inches wide at the top.


This is just another birthday project, not with the new release dies, but with the nesting balloons. Sewing them all together to make a "ribbon" for the box is an idea I borrowed from Mindy over on the ScrapMart blog. Thanks for the inspiration, Mindy! The jumbo "5" I cut with the Cricut. It's adhered to chipboard to make it a little more sturdy.



I'll have more projects with the new dies coming later this week so keep watching for those in case you may be on the fence about some of these. I love that the dies in this release are all jumbo sized!! If you don't have an Epic, BigShot or other machine that cuts big size dies, this might be the time to get one. Very few of these will work in the Revolution.

3 comments:

  1. so cute! The balloon ribbon is awesome. Good idea about getting a machine that can fit these dies...its on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects "rock". Anything to improve the wrapping of a gift without having to go to Hallmark is a bonus. TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I LOVE your take on this idea with the balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar