Monday, January 18, 2010

New Years Resolution Release

See if you can figure out the meaning behind some of the dies in this release. Some are obvious, but some are a little...out there. Seriously, QK, did you guys hit the champagne toast a little early?! LOL I was scratching my head on a few of these. ;) Regardless how offbeat the ideas behind some of them are, the dies are great and were fun to work with!

For my first project, I made this cheeky monkey from the cookie cutter door hanger. I had to have this shape, it's so darn cute. Here I've used it for the door of a baby nursery--gee, I wonder whose nursery this one is for???? {wink wink} In addition to the door hanger, I've used the funky monkey from the anime release, Olivia skinny mini and Moonlight 4x8 alphas, and cookie cutter mini baby shapes. I love how the diaper fits so cute on the monkey!!! These shapes are the perfect size.




Friend needing a shoulder or a listening ear? The mini hot drink cup is perfect for an invite to coffee. I used it here along with the nesting squares for mats.



Inside I used the mini cookie cutter coffee cup and the new 4x8 alphabet, Garden.





And last but not least, the one New Year's Resolution shape I think we can all relate to -- the scale. Ugh. I decided to stay away from the numbers issue and went a completely different route with this one. LOL Besides the scale, which I think is adorable really, I the foot die, mini hearts are Cuttlebug, and the message box is a window from the Santa's Workshop gift set.






Inside I used a pop up window, also from the Santa's Workshop limited release, and behind the window "you" from the original cookie cutter word shapes.





Be sure to keep checking back for more projects this week with the new releases. This is such an eclectic group of shapes. Check out the store blog as well to see what the Buggy girls have to share.


~Shar

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh everything is so cute and I love how you used them!!! The baby monkey is soooo cute and that scale!!! Awesome job as usual Shar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute, Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each creative project is inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I'm a little surprised by the Quickutz edition & even more so by the lack of dies that were suppose to fit the Epic Six. Any clues you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, I wish I had any info at all on larger size dies. I don't know if the problems they've experienced with the Epic machine has caused production to take a back seat or what, but I too am looking forward to more larger dies and wish they'd get on the ball! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar