Monday, June 15, 2009

June QK Release is in the HOUSE!

If you're into home improvement, building new, or moving into new digs, this set is perfect. The houses are too cute, the fence borders are adorable and the house number sets are fab! For my assignment this month, I'm using the house die Rev0213, clothes pin KS0955, picket fence border, and the QK club nameplate.

Layout number one, "Home Improvement, Gracie Style", is of Gracie helping me redecorate the bathroom last summer. In addition to the house, picket fence and clothes pin, I've used the paint can and roller, mini splat and clipboard. I printed my title on graph paper using a font called Rough Draft and punching the edge with the Stampin Up spiral punch for a torn notebook edge. Cute huh? For the remainder of the title I used Relax and added screw top shaped brads to give it more of a "home improvement" look. I chose this particular house and these particular colors because it matches my house! Can you see the tiny navy blue mailbox and house numbers to the right of the front door?? ;)




I printed the journaling card on the computer and added the clipboard to the top so it opens. It reads:

"Grace, we always have so much fun when you come to stay with us and this day was no exception. This time we decided to redo the bathroom. We didn't have hair nets to prevent paint from getting in our hair so you grabbed a ripped grocery bag and stuck it on your head. You're so silly. We laughed and laughed."





I used leftovers from the first layout to make this encouragement card using the clothes pin and nameplate as well as the RS0192 spider, bead border, Diesel Grand "H" and SOF alpha, Chicken Noodle.


Layout number two, Tea and Scones. For this page I thought the house was the perfect embellishment. I don't know why, maybe because tea parties seem so cozy and homey. And Gracie has had MANY tea parties, let me tell you. Here she is with her tea and milk in pretty violet print china. I apologize for the odd shade of purple shown in the scan. The color is actually a dusty mauve,not hideous purple. LOL. Dies used in addition to the house and nameplate are the cookie from the cookies and milk die Rev0130 (for the blueberry scone), mug and saucer KS0592, and spoon (shortened) from the camping dutch oven KS0694. Title alpha is Storybook and Studio skinny mini for the date.

Journaling is computer printed using the matching computer font to Storybook and reads:
"How is the tea, dear?
The tea is lovely, darling. How are the scones?
The scones are wonderful. Having a tea party was a delightful idea.
We must do this again."

This next card was a challenge for me, a stamping challenge. I'm not much of a stamper, though you wouldn't know it by my massive collection of stamps. So occasionally I like to make myself use them and see what I can do. I must admit, I am pleased with this card and I know my friend will be happy to receive it. :) Here I've used the picket fence border, but I didn't stop there. I also used the cloud border and ladybug border. Borders aren't JUST for borders anymore! ;)

Computer generated message reads:
"If I had a single flower for every time I think of you


Inside: I could walk forever in my garden."



This last card was sort of an after thought. It was idea that just popped into my head when I was getting ready to fall asleep last night. LOL I get a lot of ideas that way. But anyway, here it is. A house warming, we're moving, congrats on your new home, or welcome home card for someone who's been away. Quick and simple and full of love. :)

Inside:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar