Sunday, July 01, 2018

MFT Summer School, Day 1

Greetings from the studio!! I'm happy to be back and getting in the groove once more, and what better way to get back to crafting than with the awesome peeps at My Favorite Things. Today is the first of five days of Summer School and we are working with white space. Do NOT be afraid!! White space is your friend! :) In conversations with other cardmakers and scrapbookers, I often hear people say they can't leave so much empty space on their cards or layouts. I'm here to tell you that sometimes the empty space makes the rest of the area really pop and gives a project the impact you want. Don't feel like you have to put something in that corner every time, leave it empty more often and you'll start to realize how much punch that empty space can give your project. Focus on the important parts and let the white space frame it for you.

Now on to my card for today's class. I'm using my newest MFT acquisition, Sushi Date, for my project. The pandas are adorable and the accessories (sushi, hat, bamboo and lots more come in the set) are the perfect touch.





Project list:
My Favorite Things, Sushi Date stamps (retired)
My Favorite Things, Sushi Date dies (retired)
My Favorite Things, Sweet Tooth cardstock
My Favorite Things, Black Licorice cardstock
My Favorite Things, Black Licorice hybrid ink pad
Copic markers

1 comment:

  1. This is darling!!! I love your black background for your panda! Who knew summer school could be so fun, right?

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar