Wednesday, January 07, 2015

My Favorite Things, Sketch Challenge

Oh how I love sketch challenges. They are my favorite. :) How fitting for my first challenge of the new year to be this sketch for the My Favorite Things Card Challenge Blog

I grabbed my box of pre-cut pieces leftover from previous projects and found some fun pieces to use on my card. The heart, banner and embossed journal card were ready to go! When I looked at the sketch, I already knew I wanted to use the skyline border die, and the alphabet stamps provided me with the perfect sentiment.....since I could stamp out any message I wanted. :) "Miss you" seemed fitting with the city skyline. 


I created this super simple accent piece by clustering the random pieces together. These teensy little buttons were the perfect addition so I added a little twine for more visual interest and adhered with glossy accents. Done! Hope you like the finished project as much as I do. :) Thanks for coming by!


Today's Sketch


Product List:
My Favorite Things, Die-Namics Blueprints 9 small rectangle die
My Favorite Things, Die-Namics Skyline Border
My Favorite Things, Typewriter alphabet stamps
My Favorite Things, Whip Cream cardstock
My Creative Time, Rectangle Frames die
My Creative Time, 3x4 Journal card die
Heidi Swapp clear plastic heart
Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste
Glossy accents, twine, buttons, black ink, misc paper scraps, small heart die, flower stencil

8 comments:

  1. You sure can make scraps and leftovers look great! Fabulous job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! I always save extra pieces from cards that didn't make on the card and I end up with a big pile of accents! I love the skyline die and the way your card just came together. Well done! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Shar! I LOVE that skyline border!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Shar! I love how people see different things in a sketch. That's the fun. And cityscapes make me SO happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar ~ Oh I LOVE this!! LOVE the whole design and all the elements!! The pop of color just adds so much dimension! BEAUTIFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar