This technique was the hardest of all today's lessons. In the end, I do like my card, but it took a bit to figure out what I was doing, even after watching the fabulous video. For this technique you want to start with water soluble ink - Distress Inks work beautifully. Here is my first attempt. Not what I was envisioning for sure.
But as I was deciding how I wanted to do the background, it hit me why I didn't care for this one. I started by stamping with Black Soot ink, which, of course, made my all over image darker than I wanted it. DUH!!! So I tried again with Vintage Photo and I'm quite pleased with this result. This card is not the usual A2 size, but 3.5 x 4.25 top-fold.
For this one, I used tube paints by Daler-Rowney; burnt sienna, sap green, leaf green, and for the background, ultramarine blue. You'll see also that I added stickles to my finished card in cinnamon and lime green. The sentiment is a die by Technique Tuesday.