Friday, December 13, 2013

Snowman wood block

Finally! I got out the wood chunks, paints and mod podge. :) Time to make a wooden snowman. Start with a simple chunk of wood; this is a piece of 2x4 from the hubs leftovers bin; and sand or file the rough edges away and smooth it out a bit. You don't want any splinters or rough edges. Then paint the whole thing white. I used folk art wicker white acrylic paint applied with a foam brush.


Once the paint is dry, you can add another coat if you like, or you can sand the edges a bit to weather your snowman a little. This is when you add the face. You can hand draw it or, as I did, use a stamp image. I used this 4 inch snowman face by Peachy Keen Stamps. After you finish the face, apply a coat or two (I only used one) of Mod Podge. I like the matte finish, but you can use the glossy as well. I found this super cute bottle cozee set and knew right away how I wanted to use it. And not on a bottle of wine or cider either!

Ta-da! I think he turned out positively adorable. And so easy to do!!!! I hope you'll give this a try and make your own darling snowman wood block decoration. I'm think next year perhaps I'll go super huge and make one for the front porch....yeah?!

All cozy. :)



8 comments:

  1. You are so clever, Shar! He is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Shar he is sooooo adorable!!!! I have ton's of wooden blocks sitting around and I just ordered some of the 4" PKS! Thanks so much for sharing this AWESOME project!!!
    Have a great Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar this is so flippin' CUTE! I need to find some bottle cozy's. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! You know you have a special stamp when it can make a chunk of wood look this cute ;) The hat a scarf were a special find...they look cute enough to wear...I would! Great job and the Mod Podge didn't make the colors run either.
    quit 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...my...friggin' GOODNESS! He is too, too cute...even undressed! He is absolutely worthy of that coveted front-porch spot! (By the way, I see the Copic, but what are the other markers you used?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used only copics on this .... Forgot to include the black ink pad I used to stamp the face though. Tuxedo Black, Memento ink. :)

      Delete
  6. Shar ~ OMG I am so far behind and I will not be able to catch up! But this project is super duper ADORBS!! OMG and I just bought one of those wine things too! TOTALLY making this next year! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snowman is wonderful!! Super cute!!
    Charity
    http://www.collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar