Wednesday, June 06, 2012

3D Wednesday with My Creative Time

Hello and happy hump day! It's time for 3D Wednesday and this week's theme is MEN! Woot! er, I mean.... well, with Father's Day coming up an all. ;) So for today's project I've altered a dollar store picture frame. It looked kinda like this one before I started. {I say 'kinda' because I forgot to get a pic of the actual frame I altered before I started sticking stuff on it. Oops.}

I covered it with paper from the Graphic45, Proper Gentlemen paper pad. At first I thought I would use Mod Podge on it, but then decided instead on Glossy Accents for my adhesive. That stuff is awesome for this!!! It didn't pucker or warp the paper one iota and adhered quickly and smoothly. I'll use it again when I do another frame.

Here is the finished frame with a pic of my super dad hubs with the kid in 1980. He was a single dad when we met, and we had just started dating when this pic was taken. Tell me, is it just me, or does he look a little Matthew McConaughey-ish here, circa Dazed and Confused?! LOL He is always this tan in the summer months and this was taken in August. He's not smiling here so you can't see he also has dimples. :)



Embellies - sentiment by My Creative Time from the Here's Lookin' At You set. Burlap by Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.

I've never seen my husband without a mustache...other than his high school pics and "official" Army photo. The mustache and tie dies are also My Creative time.


Stars and buttons with twine.


Product List:
My Creative Time, Here's Lookin' at You
My Creative Time, What's Growing On
Graphic45 Proper Gentleman 12x12 paper pad
Lifestyle Crafts nesting stars
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique, burlap
Buttons, twine, cardstock, label, ink

Happy Wednesday! Go forth and be creative, bloggy friends!

11 comments:

  1. Great altered frame...love it! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL. What a treasure. And that picture is priceless. I love the burlap star too. You are just too clever. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar ~ OMG! This is just FABULOUS! I LOVE the frame ~ all the details and that paper are just to die for! YES ~ he does have that Matthew ~ look to him! VERY ~ VERY handsome man! LOVE his color too! Oh but look at the little one ~ ADORABLE!!!! What a GREAT frame and a cherished memory! Thank You for sharing this idea and story! Way to go and be an AWESOME Dad too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME job with your great frame project!I LOVE all the stars,layers and great pic,Have a SUPER day Shar!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not just you...I can see it, too. (All the more, if he were sporting the dimples!) Thanks for sharing a little history, and the Glossy Accents tip. I love that you used Emma's 'stache die in an homage to the hubs. Also, the layer of burlap over the star...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect job turning this dollar store frame into a work of art Shar, fabulous!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious photo! Great job on the frame..such a keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frame turned out wonderful. I like the burlap star and the papers you used are so guy paper. I love it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG THIS IS SO CUTE SHAR!! love it!! And yes he does look a little like Matthew McConaughey! Wow what a great project! And I love the burlap stars!! Great job! hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the frame! I love how it turned out! That star with the burlap is so cool! And he does look like MM!! Lucky you! ;)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your altered frame! Everything about it perfect! The colors, the dies you used and the pic!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar