Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hello

Welcome to another Scrapbuggy Tuesday! Today's card is a simple one using shapes for unexpected purposes. These birds are not birds at all. The cloud, nope, not a cloud. Nor is the grass really grass. Let me explain.

Look closely at the birdies...they are actually made from heart shapes!!! Cut the heart in half and you have two birds! Cut a smaller heart in half for their wings, and one smaller yet for their beaks. Isn't it cute!? Not my original idea, but one I thought was worth sharing. You can draw the legs with a marker if you prefer, but I used the sign posts from the QK Billboard Sign dies.

The cloud and grass though are my ideas. The cloud is from the QK Reuse Gift Set...

...and the pretty grass is one of the Lifestyle Crafts Edges.

Product List:
Various QK heart dies
QK Billboard Sign dies
QK Reuse Gift Set
Lifestyle Crafts Edges
My Mind's Eye Lime Twist, Fly a Kite 6x6 paper pad
My Creative Time, Floral Sentiments stamp
Ribbon, Liz' Paper Loft Boutique
Cardstock, ink, small corner rounder

Original card by Random on Purpose











3 comments:

  1. I've used heart in many ways, but I hadn't thought of birds! As always, I leave inspired...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! How cute are those birds!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar ~ too CUTE, CLEVER and ADORABLE! I think this is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar