Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Have a ball!

I'm really loving the summery Tropical Splash release by Lifestyle Crafts this month. Super cute for summer activities and vacation pages and cards.


I love that you can customize the adorable "Gilligan's Island" style sign with the font, and in this case, I also used a stamp sentiment. Jump rings make it look like it's actually hanging so I ran twine through them to keep them in place. I added the arrow from the QK retro signs set and used red stickles to simulate blinking lights.


Can you see what I used for my sun??? That's the center from one of the hibiscus border flowers! The beach umbrella and sand are from the April Showers die. Umbrellas aren't JUST for rain, you know. ;) The sand is the rain puddle, which I cut from .... SANDpaper. :) Cool huh.

Product List:
Lifestyle Crafts Tropical Splash, beach ball
Lifestyle Crafts Tropical Splash, Tiki alpha and signs set
Lifestyle Crafts Tropical Splash, hibiscus border
Buggy Designs, April showers umbrella and rain puddle
Bazzill textured cardstock
Little Yellow Bicycle pattern papers
Quickutz adhesive back cork paper
My Creative Time, Have Fun in the Sun stamp sentiment
The Twinery, mandarin
Tim Holtz jumprings and Distress ink
Ranger stickles
Sharpie fine point pen

Hope you enjoyed this week's project. I'm really HAVING A BALL with the Tropical Splash release, as if you couldn't tell! LOL Have a great week. :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Makes me want to go to the beach! Haha, and I don't even like the beach ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shar,
    I have been away from your blog much too long! You have made so many amazing projects! Love your beach ball card and your creative use of the dies! All of your sneak peeks are so darn cute. I love Halloween and Christmas. Looks like I will be shopping for some of Emma's stamps! You are such an enabler, lol!
    Big hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar