Monday, June 01, 2009

QuicKutz Summer of Fun, Week1

As much as I love alphas and fonts, I have to be honest. I really didn't care much for this String Bean alphabet border when I first saw it. But it is really quite versatile, and the letters, even though they are skinny, are a great size that work well on both layouts and cards. I'm liking it more the more I use it, in fact!

For this layout, I used just the punched out border with no "filling", and the letters from the border for the title. Each title letter is matted on the smallest of the original nesting rectangles -- as you can see it's the PERFECT size for these letters! I've used the hearts and strawberry from the Flirt spring gift set for embellishment. Papers for this page are Foofala, Hall Pass; ribbon by May Arts, metal tab by Heidi Swapp, and spiral notebook punch by Stampin Up.

This is Gracie at 4 holding her cousin, Regan 6 months. Yes, I know, she is almost as big as Gracie! LOL





On this page, I've used only a portion of the border and added the "filling" for the letters. Now you might think I've used the popular exclusive arrow die by Archiver's but au contraire! It was my inspiration, this is true, but I actually cut this one by hand and punched the holes with my Crop-a-Dile as the curve in the 'real' die was too pronounced. Cool huh. The largest circle is the plate from the place setting die, Rev0124; the smaller circle from the original nesting circles. Pattern papers here are by Stampin Up (except the flower pieces, which are Making Memories), and the journaling box is a stamp--I believe it's by Autumn Leaves.

Grace and Regan enjoying great big lollipops on their camping trip to Westport a couple of months ago.

For this card I used a portion of the alphabet for my message accentuating the letters with a different color, and Moonlight 4x8 alpha for the rest of the message. The adorable little house is a limited edition die. Isn't it the cutest. The window actually opens. :) Papers again by Stampin Up.


Last, but not least, is this beach page. Grace and Regan found this already assembled driftwood fort on the beach at Westport and had a ball playing in it!

Here I've used just the String Bean letters. Again, using Moonlight for the subtitle and the limited edition house in a completely different way.....as a thatched beach hut! I cut two roofs and slit the outside with precision scissors, glued them one on the other and then attached them to the house. This time I left off the door and shutters and used my crimper to make the little hut look more "hutty". LOL The sand pieces are from the Relax spring gift set with stickles added for a more true sandy affect. Also from the Relax set are the shell, surf board, and crab. I think the crab screams for googly eyes, don't you! You can find these in any craft aisle. These are the smallest I've seen and need to be glued on, but larger sizes come with a peel off backing and self-adhesive. More pattern papers by Stampin Up.



Here's a closer view of the hut and thatched roof. What a fun, and versatile, little die this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar