Took a while to get my crafty spirit back after returning from mom and dad's. It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact mom is gone and dad is faring this world on his own for the first time in his life. He's doing well though and learning new things every day. He replaced the washing machine we all hated (he couldn't figure it out either LOL), repaired the dishwasher, and has taken tons of things to the thrift and to the dump with the help of my brother. Life is moving along and dad even has plans to do a little traveling again in the coming weeks.
Meantime, I joined, albeit belatedly, the Summer-Ween crafting collaboration between Crafty by Toni and Belaboo Creations on You Tube, and I finished up my project today. We made a crate and thirteen tags to go in it as part of this pre-Halloween craft. It was just what I needed to get back to creating again and I'm here to share it with you. Did you join in as well? You have plenty of time if you want to get a head start on your Halloween crafting.
So. First, the crate. I picked this one up at Dollar Tree. The "feet" are actually some metal beads I had in my stash and they turned out to be the perfect size for what I wanted.
Crate measures approximately 3x5 1/2, and 2 1/2 inches deep; my tags are 2 3/8x4 3/4 inches, not including embellishments.
Day 1
Day 9
Day 10
Day 12
Day 13





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments welcome. Leave your email in comment if you'd like a reply. ~Shar