Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy birthday to my hubster!

This post, however, is all about the hubs. He is considering himself officially old today as he will be applying for Social Security, which means I will tease him about his age, unmercifully, for the next nine months (until I also turn SS age! LOL). Anyway, when I saw this stamp set, called Holy Carp!, by Skipping Stones Designs, I HAD to have it! It is positively PERFECT for my fishing-loving husband. He fishes every single day he is able which means (now that he is basically retired) every day it is "warm enough", according to him. :) Works for me!

He is a fly fisher so he rarely sits in a boat anymore, but I loved the images in this set and had to use them. The sentiments, however, could not be any better. Each of these is an individual stamp so I combined them to make my message.


I stamped the image twice and colored them. Then I cut the fisherman out of one of the images and attached with foam tape for dimension. I colored his "outfit" the same as what hubs usually wheres when he goes fishing.

For a finishing touch, I added glossy accents to the water to make it look really "wet" and for added texture.

Thanks for coming by today. I'll likely be spending a lot of my day helping someone look up all the info he needs to fill out paperwork. ;)



2 comments:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar