Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Card Class, Day 2: Resist Backgrounds

For today's backgrounds, I used an emboss resist technique. I love how the underneath stamp shows through the clear embossing. In my examples, it almost looks white, but these are all just clear. Pretty cool.


Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, older stamp by Tim Holtz (sorry, I can't find the name of it), Butterflies by Bo Bunny, Versamark ink, Clear embossing powder, Hero Arts Butter Bar yellow ink

Script background by My Creative Time, Memento Rose Bud ink, Versamark ink, Clear embossing powder, Geo Borders by My Creative Time, Hero Arts Orange Soda ink

 Pattern paper by Fancy Pants, Versamark ink, Clear embossing powder, Stampers Anonymous Bitty Grunge stamp, Memento Potter's Clay ink


3 comments:

  1. Sharron, all your backgrounds are gorgeous!
    The little triangles and the circles look so dimensional and the combination of the script and the butterflies is so beautiful.
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  2. These backgrounds are very cool...wish I could remember half of what I see and read. I must try this technique! Wonderful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar