Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Try Me Tuesday

Today's technique is cluster stamping. Let me just say right off the bat, this is not as easy as I first thought it would be. In fact, it took me four tries (or was it five!?) to finally get it. Do not be deceived by how simple Heather makes it look in her youtube video LOL!!! It's really a fun technique though and worth giving it a try if you're looking for something new to add to your card making skills.

The finished card.

The color combination is one of my favorites. These particular shades are Tim Holtz Distress Inks, picked raspberry (pink), ripe persimmon (orange) and wild honey (yellow). The sentiment is from My Creative Time, Way to Go.

Side view showing the raised panel.

Product List:
My Creative Time, Way to Go {sentiment}
My Creative Time, Post card Add ons {hearts}
My Creative Time, Pretty Spring Wreaths {dots}
Twine, button, foam tape, white embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the colors on your card and that twine bow is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out so beautiful I love the colors on your card too. WOW you sure did a fantastic and fabulous job. Thanks tho for the heads up so i definitely will do a practice as I did watch Heather's video and yes she does make it look easy so I so appreciate your honesty on this as would hate to ruin a great 12 x 12 card stock as I am so going to use this technique on a LO
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Shar...the stamping and colours...FABULOUS!!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is beautiful. Wish I could see the 3 failures...not sure what went wrong. I am going to give this a try...it just looks so fun. Beautiful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME looking card Shar, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! Have a GREAT day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME looking card Shar, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! Have a GREAT day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar