Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Red White and Blue Fabric Wreath

Grace and I made rag wreaths for the 4th while she was here. I love how they turned out. So simple to make and for both, the cost was less than $8. I even have some fabric strips leftover to do something else with. If you use a wreath form, you'll likely need more fabric, but Walmart didn't have any so I used a couple of wire hangers I found in the back of the closet. I was surprised to find two of them as I really hate wire hangers. Call me Mommy Dearest if you must. Hahaha!!! But I digress....here's my fabric rag wreath! Isn't it fab. :)


Simply shape your hanger into a circle {or other shape if you can - I think a star would be kinda cool}. Cut fabric into 1x6 inch strips and tie them around the wire. That's all there is to it! I tied with a tight knot and crammed them as tightly together as I could. Add your bow or whatever decoration at the top to cover the wires at the neck of the hanger and you're done.








Product List:
wire hanger or wreath form
1 1/2 to 2 yards fabric in 3 or 4 different designs/colors
ribbon and/or bow for finishing touch


6 comments:

  1. What an adorable project! I'm sure this was fun for Grace too. I absolutely love to make wreaths, but have yet to make one for the fourth. I hope you won't mind if I borrow...Er, outright copy this project. My 6 year old would love to help out with this one! Thanks, Shar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes -- please do make one! Your little one will enjoy helping with this one for sure. :)

      Delete
  2. Mommy Dearest ~ I just LOVE this to pieces! You and Grace did an AMAZING job! The colors of the fabric ~ which I LOVE red, white and blue are just PERFECT!!! What a fun thing to do with little ones too! As always Shar ~ I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a wreath. TFS.
    dmcardmaker at aol dot com
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Fabulous and Fun Wreath!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Great job! Perfect for a Fourth of July BBQ!!! :) Happy Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar