Friday, December 31, 2010

My top fave projects of 2010

Can't believe how fast this year has flown by, can you!?? With only hours left until the new decade begins, I've decided to share some of my favorite projects from 2010. Most of you know my main interest has been scrapbooking layouts, but I also love doing mini books and altered goodies, so there are several of those projects in my list of faves. Might I just add that this year my card making has really taken off, thanks in large part to lots of inspiration from my SCDT peeps, Nikki in particular. I'm actually enjoying it and even liking my finished cards...imagine that! :)


Also, in the past few months, I've succumbed to yet another addiction--copic coloring! Thank you to Molly for being so helpful and awe inspiring in that area. I would never have realized how much fun it is to learn "adult coloring" without your help, my friend.


First up is my toilet paper roll mini book. Yeah- toilet paper rolls!! I think this is my most favorite project of the whole year. I love that it's made from t.p. rolls. Oh and I've used one of my handmade stick pins on the cover. Who would have thought recycling could be so cute! Here's the original post - you can see all the tags and pics in the slideshow on the sidebar.



This project was sooo much fun! I picked up some books at the thrift store after watching Angela Daniels' idea for making a booksafe and turned it up a notch to make this treasure box for my mom for Mother's Day. Check out the original post to see more details and the inside of the box as well. I also made a key ring which I wrapped up and put inside.


Mod podge, baby! I love that stuff. I used a doily my mom made to make the basket. Love how this turned out and it was really fun to make. This would be a great project to do with the kidlets. Here's my pictorial on how I did it.


This adorable little birdhouse idea was shared with me by one of my DT buds. Is this the sweetest li'l thang?? And easier than it looks. Here's my post with a link to download the template.




And here are a couple of my favorite layouts from the past year. Don't have many pics of SIL Dom so this one with Emmy had to be scrapped. Emmy turned 3 last month already. I can't stand it. I looked for the original post, but apparently I never posted this one on my blog or something - I can't find it!

Logan and Courtney's big catch. Love these pics. They are such funny little guys! Here's the post with all the deets for this page.


And finally a few of my favorite cards. Never used to like my finished cards, as you may already know. Most of them would end up in the trash, in fact. But I'm finally learning to love them and feeling much better about my card making abilities. Here are a few examples.

Beautiful dancer fairy rubber stamps, design by Amy Brown. This was my first project for the Queen Kat Design Team.


Here's another copic colored image. I'm really enjoying learning blending and shading techniques with these pens. Original post here.


Get well beary soon card - original post . You'll have to scroll a tad as there are other cards in this post as well. Love his sweet face!

And scroll down a bit here for the mushrooms card - post


Huge loves to all! Thanks for a great year. Keep the comments coming, I love reading them. Be safe and have a HAPPY SCRAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar