Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Beautiful Dancer Fairy composition book

This month I've had the pleasure of working with the Beautiful Dancer fairy stamp by Amy Brown, from Queen Kat Designs, http://www.katstamps.com/ I've used her here on this altered composition book. She's so beautiful in shades of pink. Her dress looks yellow in the photo, but it's actually green. In addition to copics, I've also used stickles, glimmer mist and i-rock bling.


Other materials on this project include ribbon, lace, and prima flowers. The background paper is Making Memories, the measuring tape paper is Life's Journey, and the dictionary paper is from an old dictionary I picked up at the thrift store for a quarter.

To get the old, used look on the dictionary paper, I spritzed it with water and crumpled it, uncrumpled it then sprayed with glimmer mist; crumpled again then opened it up to dry. I helped it dry with a heat gun then gently rubbed an ink pad over the crumpled texture.


The beaded stick pin and dictionary paper flower are my own creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar