Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm a nutter for the nutty squirrel!

I don't know about you, but when I saw the Cottage Cutz nutty squirrel, I laughed out loud and had to have him!! He's so nutty....just like me. We were meant to be together! LOL I put this card together just waiting for him to appear in my mailbox so I could add him to the front of the card, and he didn't disappoint. I also used the Cottage Cutz loopy edge border, in keeping with the loopy/nutty theme, of course! For extra texture, I've used fabric paints on the heart, acorn and oval frame behind Mr. Nutter. These papers are Tree Love by Nikki Sivils. Cute, huh.

Other dies used for this card are QK Aquarius alphabet, Spellbinders nesting ovals, and Martha Stewart border punch.

Inside message:
I love the Cottage Cutz fall collection and this hay wagon is another of my faves. I've used the patch of grass from the scarecrows die also. The font here is Diesel Grand, lower case. I've cut two of each letter and offset them for a shadow affect. Behind the hay wagon I've used the Spellbinders nesting ovals.

You can never go wrong with stickles. Stickles always add a little pizzazz!
For the inside message, I again used the nutty squirrel. He's so cute! I've also used the sign from the pumpkin patch die and the grass from the scarecrows die.
The letters for the message on the sign are also from the pumpkin patch die. The "w" is just the "m" turned upside down. You can really make a lot of different messages just with the letters in "pumpkin patch" it turns out!

I know we're just barely entering fall (and some of us are still waiting for it!) but, in case it has escaped you, we are less than 90 days till Christmas.....just giving you fair warning so it doesn't sneak up on you! LOL Thanks for coming by today.

1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar