Thursday, July 29, 2010

Picnics and the beach

I'm loving these adorable summer shapes by Scrapping Cottage. Do you have yours yet? Well, if you can't decide, maybe this will help. I've used a bunch of them on this page and I will not apologize! LOL

Starting with the title, I've used the popsicle for the "i" and the mini cooking pot from an earlier release for the "p". Other food shapes are the QK cookies, cheese and spoon from the recipe shapes, and Spellbinders nesting ovals and scallops. Font used is QK Snowday.


Along the bottom of the page, for a picnic themed border, I've used the Cottage Cutz soda bottle, picnic ant which is carrying the watermelon from the ladybug die, and the ladybug which seems to have absconded with the chicken drumstick from the larger ant! The sandwich is 2x2 Quickutz.


Who can resist this adorable penguin from the Cottage Cutz and Peachy Keen stamp and die sets....not me! And who says penguins are only for snowy, cold, or wintery layouts?! Don't be silly! Here I've used the penguin on a summer page and it fits perfectly with the beachy theme, don't you think. :) The large scallop border is the QK edger, journaling circle is QK cookie cutter, and title fonts are QK Snowday and Studio skinny mini.

This little guy, er, excuse me gal, is enjoying a day at the beach. Her ruffled bikini and flower in her hair are from the Quickutz 2x2 swimsuit die, waves are from the QK Relax gift set, and the tiny pail and shovel are QK cookie cutter shapes.


In addition to this new penguin I've used the message in a bottle die, also by Cottage Cutz. The bottle is cut from vellum, the cork is cut from cork paper, and the sand is actual sandpaper! I've added stickles for some sparkle in the sand. It is a sunny day, after all.


2 comments:

  1. Shar, Shar, Shar I'm just LOVIN' your Cottage Cuts layouts. I don't own any CC dies yet, but keep this up and I'm going to have a serious sepnding problem going on LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little message in the bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar