Monday, November 23, 2009

QK Black Friday release dies

I must admit, I didn't think I'd use the cupcake liner die but when I received it for my Design Team assignment with Scrapbuggy , I had so much fun with it! Think outside the box and see just how versatile it can be. Here I've used jack-o-lantern paper for my spiced pumpkin cupcake liners. I cut the bracket page of the sugarplum mini book on the fold and printed the cupcake recipe inside. On the outside I added the 3d rev pumpkin and embellished with ribbon.

I even cut one of the liners upside down and wrapped it around the base of my cake stand for a little something extra. Cute, huh.

For this card I used the cupcake liner as a border. Pretty cute! For the message I used the new release Katie Grand alphabet and embellished with the 2x2 butterfly popped with foam tape.



This page was so much fun. I love this picture of Gia and me at the QuicKutz retreat in Utah!! The pic was taken by Amy Walton as we were on our way to our room at the hotel. What a fun way to meet for the first time, huh. :) For this page I used the new calendar set to emphasize that date. I used Katie Grand for the title. I love that font and what a phenomenal value this one is. Don't pass this one up or you'll be sorry when they are gone!



I used stickles glitter glue to add sparkle to the embellishments that come with the Katie alphabet.


Once again I wanted to show the versatility of the cupcake liner. I've used it here as a sort of scalloped border along with the "real" scallop border, flowers from the Epic6 frame die, and the Katie Grand alphabet. This is my friend, Darla, whom I've known for 7 or 8 years. She inspires me in so many ways and is just the sweetest person. We have yet to meet in person, but we WILL meet someday!


I added stickles and purple bling to the flower especially for Darla. :)

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!!!!!!!!! First off, I may KILL you for using that photo, but I prob won't cuz' I am SO honored that you made a page about me! :O) What a SWEET suprize! I have not been online a ton this week with all the chaos - but WOW what a treat!!!
    XOXO
    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar